I'm sorry :( and excuse me
Recently walking to meet some friends, I was passing a bunch of tineri (young people) playing hacky sack and the little thing was suddenly coming toward my face as I was passing - as it was moving toward me the young player with a hint of horror in his voice said 'scuzați-mă' - meaning Sorry! - he was mortified but we all laughed as i swiftly caught it in my hand and threw it back to the other player. so when you want to say sorry there are a few different ways to say it...
scuzați-mă - Sorry! or Excuse me - used to say sorry in immediate situations or when you want to interupt someone doing something to speak with them.
îmi pare rau - I'm sorry
Also when you want to pass someone in a crowded space use....
pardon - may i get past